Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shading is improving! YAY!

I'm excited to start this project. This will be part 1 of my 9 part project. This picture is my fiancé, Tony and I as super awesome spies haha. The next ones I will post will contain my bridesmaids and the groomsmen. I've been doing a lot of research and referencing photos from comic books and more realistic cartoons, because I'm really not good at them. My usual drawings come out looking like something from Nickelodeon or Family Guy. Not that there's anything really wrong with that, but I don't want to end up being Seth McFarlane- only being able to do one style and therefore never branching out. I want to be able to provide potential clients and/or employers with a veritable smorgasbord of different styles to pick from that I am able to repeat over and over again. Therefore, I will be more sought after and more likely to be hired. Boom.

But for now, practice is the name of the game. I was very happy the other day to run into a woman that my mother introduced me to. She was a municipal judge for a while, and talked to me for a bit about the legal side of the art world. Which is good, because I didn't know much. She ended up talking to me for the better part of an hour and said that she was very impressed with my portfolio. So that's happy. I felt very excited and VERY flattered that someone of her esteem would think that my cartoons are worth her time. YAY! Happy happy.

So anyway, I hope you like part one- many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment